Wednesday, December 9, 2015

And Now a Word From Our Sponsor ...

There's a VERY good chance that MANY of you will not even get the HUMOR in the title of this blog post! I am realizing more and more that I am *a-hem* older that a lot of people in my life ... and sometimes I am SUPER funny ... and they just don't GET it!!

The reason for the title is (hopefully obviously) that I'm taking a "time-out" from Christmas and holiday creating to play with my new preview goodies (coming in January in the form of goodness in the Occasions Catalog and the Sale-a-Bration event!! SOOOOO excited!!! This is the BIGGEST pre-order I have EVER allowed myself to make (not tellin' ... don't ask). SOOOOOOOOOOOO very much cute and beautiful stuff. I'm going to have to order MORE of it even!! Sigh ... anyone wanna help me rob a bank??? I will provide the masks ... but may need some help with the get-away car!!

I LOVE all things citrus-y!!! This little stamp set is a GEM!!! What's NOT to love about slices of sweet and tangy citrus??? Pretty much nothin' ...

Interesting story (or not) ... when I was pregnant with my firstborn many-a-moon ago, I had TERRIBLE morning sickness (dare I say it was ALL-DAY-AND-ALL-NIGHT sickness??). I had trouble eating ANYthing. However, citrus was my friend ... citrus was delicious ... citrus took a teeny TINY bit of the edge off for me. So, I ended up eating at LEAST three whole grapefruits every dang day!!! I was CERTAIN my son was going to come out all puckered up!! Lucky for me (and him???) that didn't happen!!!

Stamps: Apple of My Eye
Paper: Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight, Season of Cheer DSP (SEE??? I DID put a little Christmas in there!)
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Project Life Corner Rounder Punch, Decorative Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, White Jute Ribbon, Candy Dots (Sutbles, Brights)

I am now going to dive DEEP into making an effort to get my Christmas cards made (it may turn out that they are "Happy New Year" cards!)!! Wish me luck!! I'm gonna NEED it!!

 photo blogsignature_zps8e79d50b.png

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Well, I got it, so I guess that makes me a "woman of a certain age", too. Love this card, love citrus, and now I'm regretting not pre-ordering it!

lifesabeach32940 said...

Super cute card!! LOVE IT!!

Debra said...

Lol ..my kids don't get the jokes .. Butjust curious - does your son now like grapefruit, and even possibly seek it out?

Jenna ♥ said...

Hi Wendy, your card with citrus is wonderful. Great design! Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs Jenna

Pam said...

A breath of fresh air in the midst of frigid temperatures!