Friday, September 4, 2015

Fab Friday #72

Yaaaaawwwwnnnnnnn!!! Yep ... I'm ZAPPED!!! But welcome to Fab Friday (and sorry I am so late with my post ...more on that in a minute!)!

I had an AWESOME week last week!!! I spent three days with my sister-in-law, Diann, and my bestie, Cheryl, in Disneyland (yeah-yeah-yeah ... I went AGAIN!)! We played and ate and ran around and ate some more. All in all, it was a GREAT way to spend my big 5-0 birthday week!!

On Friday, my actual birthday, I had to go to work (like most of us do!! BOO!)!! Then I ended up taking a drive up to Logan with my husband to pick up my daughter and bring her back down to Salt Lake for the weekend (wanted to have the whole fam together for my unofficial "birthday dinner"). So grateful my kids are far enough "away" from home that they feel some sort of independence, but close enough I can jump in a car and ride to their rescue, when needed ...

Stamps: Acorny Thank You
Paper: Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Very Vanilla, Tangelo Twist, Early Espresso, Happy Haunting DSP Typeset Specialty DSP
Ink: Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Tangelo Twist
Accessories: Bitty Greetings Thinlits, Mini Treat Bag Thinlits (for the strip with the holes cut out ... that's a NEW FAVE for me!), Acorn Building Punch, Decorative Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Very Vanilla Thick Bakers Twine, White Accents (Colored with gold Sharpie)

Which brings me to the reason I am SO wiped out (and probably will be for a couple of days) ... see this pile of bags??? They are FULL of clothing ... ALL of my daughter's clothing ... every last STITCH of it. We spent most of yesterday running it all through commercial-laundromat-type dryers. WHY??? Because my daughter's "new" apartment (into which she just moved last week) has too many unWANTED roommates (aka BEDBUGS!!!)!!! I now have to WASH every article of clothing in these bags (figure I am safe from infestation since they have all be zapped in the dryer!)!! And we steam-cleaned shoes and dresser drawers and such ... now if someone would just come and help ME clean up MY house (luckily, I don't have a bug infestation!!)!!





Cute layout ... and I had to work HARD to come up with something that was NOT a doily (because my out-of-the-box brain would NOT let me use one ... too easy!)!!! I made this little accordion-fold flower (kinda miss my Bigz die that did this for me ... need to dig it OUT next time!)!








Excited to see what all of our challenge players come up with!!

Here's a link to the Fab Friday Challenge Blog so you can play along:

Fab Friday Challenge Blog

Check out the Fab blogs of my fellow Fab Friends:

Mindy Backes
Cindy Beach
Heather Heroldt
Brian King
Justin Krieger
Amanda Mertz
Brenda Myers
Pam Steckman
Jan Tinklenberg

I need a NAP today ... I may actually TAKE one for a few minutes at some point!! Sleep tight ... and don't let the bedbugs bite (ok, THAT was too easy ... and kinda YUCKY!!)

 photo blogsignature_zps8e79d50b.png

2 comments:

Jenny Engelke said...

Whew! You've been busy! You managed to pull off an awesome creation, however! I LOVE every single element you've added to this amazing work of art!

Wendie Waldman said...

Your card is beautiful, Wendy. Love the colors.