Monday, February 27, 2012

Stamp Club Cards

Smiley from millan.netBelieve it or not, a week ago last Saturday I actually squeezed in some time to make a few card samples and have some good times with my Stamp Club Girls (an escape I DESPERATELY needed!!). Thanks to some inspiration from my BFF Cheryl (love you, Girl! Thanks sooo much!), these are the cards that we made (to be fair, I almost made exact copies of the cards Cheryl had done for her own Stamp Club ... with a few slight modifications ... because I have had NO time to be creative lately!).



This first one is so easy it's scary!! LOVE the new Hearts Framelits dies!! I hafta admit I added the Baker's Twine AFTER I had already had the class ... I kept thinking it was "missing" something ... and I remedied it, at least for the sample in this photo ...

Stamps: Sprinkled Expressions
Paper: Wisteria Wonder, Concord Crush, Whisper White, Sweet Shop DSP
Ink: Concord Crush
Accessories: Hearts Framelets Dies, Wisteria Wonder Baker's Twine



And this is a variation on the Valentine's Day card I did for my hubby (the idea also was inspired by Cheryl). I cheated and used a not-to-be-mentioned-non-SU diecut for the "windows" ... something you could also achieve with a square punch ... I was just in too much of a hurry to go there, so I did this instead.

Stamps: Kindness Matters
Paper: Calypso Coral, Soft Suede, Whisper White, Everyday Enchantment DSP
Ink: Soft Suede
Accessoires: Large Oval Punch, Everyday Enchantment Ribbon, Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (Heart Border), Itty Bitty Heart Punch, Pearl Basics


One more ... I totally LOVE the combination of the Crumb Cake and Pool Party cardstocks ... I think they look great together, don't you??

Stamps: You're My Type
Paper: Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Whisper White, PInk Pirouette
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Pool Party Seam Binding, Fashionable Hearts Embosslits Die, Rhinestone Basics

I am still more or less "living" at the hospital with my mom. She had a setback on Saturday ... a TIA ... which is a medical abbreviation for a transient stroke. Very scary stuff, but it appears that she has regained most of her previous abilities (although it is kinda hard to tell since she is so incredibly exhausted after all she has been through). We are hoping that she can make the move out of ICU very soon and start regaining some of her strength. I cannot thank you all enough ... again ... for your outpouring of love and support.

My mother-in-law continues to do well ... we are hoping that she does not have to spend much longer in the rehab facility. She is making wonderful progress!

I am having a little outpatient foot surgery tomorrow (when it rains, it pours, right??). Should be kinda uneventful, and hope to be back to "normal" (whatever THAT means!) in no time!! At least I will have some time to watch the second season of Downton Abbey ... again ... soooo totally addicted to that show!!

I think I seriously need another trip to Disneyland ... or a CRUISE ... better yet, a DISNEY cruise!!! Oh man, that would be the BEST!!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Judith said...

Hang in there. Sending you prayers.

KOstvig said...

I loved making these cards when I was there..it was so much fun and my DD enjoyed being the recipient of the cards...Hope you and your moms have a speedy recovery.

KOstvig said...

Sheesh... the word verification sure put me through the ringer...its amazing I hung in there long enough to comment...just sayin'

Elizabeth said...

A lovely selection of cards - I like the clean look of them. Elizabeth x

Joseph said...

You specially forced on hearts in card try to make some design with other combination like flowers and cartoons.
Gift Card printing
Scratch Cards
Printed Gift Cards